- I am a woman with many talents who makes my home in Arctic Canada. Though I live further north than many of my friends and acquaintances, I'll be quick to point out that I am really located a little further south of the geographical center of Canada (Baker Lake) - so I am nowhere near the North Pole.
- I spend five days each week working as an Administration Manager with The Northwest Company, a company I've been working with since November, 1992.
- I look forward to the summer of 2018, at which time I plan to take a year's leave of absence so I can focus on my writing. I intend to write and publish other titles while enjoying book signing opportunities since locations will be more accessible than they are while living in Arctic Canada.
In A Dream World
- In a dream world, I would spend more time writing than the hour or two I get most nights. Even so, I wouldn't want to be sitting at my computer nearly every hour of the day.
- I hope, even pray, that one day I will productively spend 6 hours each day involved in the business of writing while still having the energy to live my life, enjoy more time with my children and grandchildren.
- Will it come to pass? Of course it will! I already have my dream house born inside my mind so it just has to come to pass. :) Meanwhile, as I wait, I dedicate most of my spare time to writing stories which have written themselves upon my heart.
Hobbies, Interests & Writing
- During the autumn of 2011, I published the first book of my Freedom in Love Series titled, An Affair to Remember. December, 2011, brought the second book, When Love Abides, to readers' bookshelves, followed by Soul Confessions and Divided Loyalties. Currently, I am working on publishing the fifth book of the series, The Promise.
- Of course, most writers enjoy reading and I am no exception, making time for it most days especially before going to bed. Staying in the staff room during lunch hour - especially when the winter temperatures are frigid cold - provides a great opportunity to get ahead with my reading. Absorbing every word, I escape into another world which enables me to relax. Of course, when I read a book and enjoy it, I promote it at Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads and eventually it turns up at Budden Book Reviews.
- Of course, I also enjoy writing poetry, especially poems which whisper to the soul on some level. Some are deeper than others and I am currently in the process of creating a website to feature these poems.
- In truth, I enjoy so many things. I enjoy traveling, photography and walking along a sandy or even rocky shore. At other times, I am sitting at a sewing machine bringing articles and clothing to life. There seems to be no end to my creative outlets (except for drawing and painting, except walls) and I look forward to a promising future filled with new characters, stories and finding other outlets for my creativity.
- I hope you've enjoyed this glimpse into my world. Please feel free to browse the site to learn more information about the books I've published and how you may contact me. Thanks so much for visiting and I hope to see you again.